TotalFinder Yosemite status

Hello,

With the last version 1.6.6, TF only works after installation.
It will disappear once the system is restarted or TF process is restarted.
When it’s disappeared, I can’t find it anywhere on the UI, even Finder’s preferences panel.
But it does appear in the Activity Monitor…

Yosemite DP5, OS X 10.10 (14A314h)
Mac Pro 2013 and Retina Macbook Pro 13-inch 2013

Thank you!

Please refer to this topic:

1.6.6 was a broken release, I will fix it in 1.6.7 in few hours. Sorry for that.

Please update to 1.6.7:
http://totalfinder.binaryage.com/beta-changes#1.6.7

Just updated to 1.6.7 on Yosemite but noticed the following issues;

Finder/TotalFinder will not minimize when using the orange radio/menu button

When dragging & dropping files across the Dual Pane View there is no related accuracy between the mouse cursor and destination folder

Hi,

I don’t know if its just me, but new tab button have some weird outline around, similar to browser input focus outlines.

Just updated, to 1.5.2 with DP5, the double tapp ctrl doesn’t work anymore, had to downgrade back to 1.5.

New version:
http://totalfinder.binaryage.com/beta-changes#1.6.8

The tab translucence is broken with the 10.10 DP6 update. TF 1.6.8 works great though, just aesthetical problems I would say.

Feature request ,-)

Please add an option to tab settings: use standard OS X tabs.

Just to illustrate:

well not so much aesthetical as the button to hold the visor up isn’t reachable anymore.

You are correct, more than just aesthetical…

Thanks for posting a screenshot. Currently, I am able to point the cursor just at the bottom of each tab bar and use it, but hopefully our darwin (admin) will come up with a fix pretty soon. Thanks again for this awesome app.

FYI, “Colored Labels” don’t work anymore either.

(and +1 for @nikitakozin’s feature request about using the standard OS X tabs).

1 Like

I’m working on fixes for DP6. That titlebar overlay is tricky. Chrome works well under DP6 and I use copy of their code, so there must be some problem on my side.

I have been having major issues with TotalFinder since I installed the Yosemite Public Beta 1 two weeks ago. Even with the latest 1.6.8 beta installed, I am still experiencing Finder stalls and beachballing which can last up to 15 minutes – without exaggeration – before my machine recovers on its own. In the meantime, I just have to sit here and wait.

My specs are:

Yosemite 10.10 Public Beta 1 (not DP’s)
8 GB RAM (I usually use only 3-5 GB, with about another 3 GB always free)
2 TB hard drive (only about 3/8 is actually used)
I always keep 14 tabs open in my Finder window on the lower half of my screen

The long stalls usually seem to occur when I try to scroll through the images in one of my tabbed windows. I have these windows set to icon view at 256x256. The tabs which contain graphics do not contain lots of graphics. In other words, they do not contain thousands of images; only dozens or maybe a few hundred at best.

I am not absolutely certain yet that TotalFinder is the problem. However, the stalls have gotten so bad and so long, that a few hours ago I was finally forced to uninstall TotalFinder for the first time since I purchased it almost four years ago. Thus far, I have not had another stall.

On a related note, it would be nice if it were possible to simply temporarily disable TotalFinder under its Menubar menu, instead of having to completely uninstall it.

Thanks for listening.

Hotfix for DP6 (still some minor issues pending):
http://totalfinder.binaryage.com/beta-changes#1.6.9

awesome quick support - thanks for posting that. FYI: The autoupdater doesn’t yet show this version, even with pre-releases enabled and a forced search for updates.

I feel that the modified Finder icon is “too tall”. Anybody else? Personally, I would have shrunk the height in order to add the “tab” to bring it back to normal height.

Also, dragging the window via the toolbar area results in sluggish response.
Whereas dragging the window via tab bar results in smooth response.

And whats about the public beta 2 of Yosemite? Problem: Start the computer, totalfinder will not be start automatically. Restart the computer will shown the same problem!