TotalSpaces broken after Security Update 2021-003 Catalina?

I’m running 10.15.7 on a MacBook Pro (2019), and after installing Security Update 2021-003 Catalina, I’m confronted with the same behavior reported in Security Update 2020-001 (Catalina 10.15.7). I updated to 2.9.8, but the problem remains.

TotalSpaces launches, but does not switch between windows.

1 Like

I have the same issue. Can anyone help?

I’m also running 10.15.7 on a MacBook Air (2019).
After Security Update 2021-003 Catalina is installed, TotalSpaces launches, but does not switch between windows.

I have exactly the same issue. Spaces are visible, switching between windows fails.

Same here on 10.15.7. Neither via hotkeys or selecting a desktop from the dropdown menu.

Tried re-installing, upgrading to the TotalSpaces pre-releases, and running again crsutil disable. No luck.

Same. Catalina 10.15.17
Overhead grid works, you can switch spaces via the grid, via Mission Control, but I cannot switch using hotkeys.

Yep, Having the exact same problem after security update.

also running 10.15.7 and same symptoms with 2.9.8 after Security Update 2020-003. But additionally, TS2 restarts each time I select a window from the grid.

I will take a look at this as soon as possible.

Hi Stephen, apart from it completely killing me (I regret doing the security update). The symptoms I see are:

• Any desktop switch fails and causes Dock to crash
  • Single desktop expose’s work when done slowly, but doing them in quick succession also causes Dock to crash. (I think some of the other expose commands from totalspaces also trigger the Dock crash the same way).

I don’t see Dock crashes with regular Macos supported expose operations. Let me know if you need diag info, crash test dummies, etc. The breakage makes me realise how much I use and rely on your software!

Thanks,
Greg

Me too. Switching fails and dock crashes. Over and over.

This is happening with me as well (seems to be after upgrading to 10.15.7; running TS2 v2.9.6).

Here is a snapshot of the logs for “ts2” when trying to switch spaces (using a keyboard shortcut).

Hello,
I am experiencing a slightly different issue in Catalina 10.15.7 on a MBP16.
Total spaces does switch between 6 windows running from top left to bottom right and back. It does not circulate and enabling/disabling any of the options in Preferences/Circulation has no effect whatsoever.
I often resort to Overview grid view to change spaces (particularly if I want to go from the bottom right space to the top left one). I choose the destination space and click on it and it takes me there.
Since the fatidic update, this does not work anymore. Whether from Overview grid or from Instant exposé, clicking on a space other than the one you are in only takes you back to the one you are in.

Please try version 2.9.9 https://downloads.binaryage.com/TotalSpaces2-2.9.9.dmg

Ty. It seems to work just fine now (Catalina 10.15.7).

Seems to work perfectly now! I’ll continue to test, but thus far, no issues.Thanks :).

That seems to do the trick. Thanks Stephen!

Version 2.9.9 fixes it for me as well. Thanks!

Works perfectly for me! Thanks Stephen.

I now have 2.9.9 running on my Catalina 10.15.7 and 2.9.8 running on my Big Sur machine. Both working fine.

Is the 2.9.9 the version to use right now or should I stick with 2.9.8 for Big Sur?