TotalSpaces2 status under macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

For what it’s worth, I’m using the 16A238m build and am not seeing any issues.

I installed the beta, used Migration Assistant to move my stuff to the beta partition, installed the beta TS build Steve provided above, and haven’t seen any hiccups.

Ah, didn’t realize different builds were being distributed… For the record, I have 16A238M running on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013).

Still no TS2 issues to report on my end!

Thanks.

Just for info, there is a known issue with adding / removing apps in app preferences, but otherwise it’s working for most people ok.
Still early days, we’ll probably update the app again when the next beta comes along.

What version is shown in your application info?

I know where the “bug” was! There were two conflicting versions installed in my system.

One of them came from Homebrew-Cask while the other from a regular installer.

I was able to locate them by running:

sudo find / -iname "*totalspaces*"

and that showed me these files.

After removing them, TotalSpaces 2 works on

Thanks!

can you disable space switch animation on Sierra or still totalspaces is needed for that?

TotalSpaces is the only way as far as I know.

Can’t assign apps to spaces (disappear) on macOS 10.12 Beta (16A254g), totalspaces 2.4.1

Screencap here:
CloudApp

Not working on PB3 (16A27F). :frowning:

Hi, any update on fixing the disappearing apps drop-down in preferences? I’m excited to try out that feature when it’s ready on a Sierra beta.

Hi, yes we have a fixed internal build, v2.4.2. I’ll upload it and post it here asap.

Hi Stephen, thx for your support, will try it as soon as you post it (ETA ?); I confirm app assignment to spaces doesn’t work yet for me; I’m on latest DP beta 4 of Sierra. It’s not a big deal though, the app works well for the rest for me, as I can really use the 16 screens ! MERCI from France

You can find the latest build of TotalSpaces2 here. It only works on Sierra for now, do not use it on El Capitan or earlier.

App assignments should be fixed in this version.

Let me know any other issues.

http://downloads.binaryage.com/TotalSpaces2-2.4.2.dmg

Thank you for 2.4.2, Stephen. Assigning applications to spaces seems to be working smoothly for me. (MBP Retina, Mid 2012), v10.12 Beta (16A270f).

Cool Stephen, installing now, many thx. Will report back if relevant. Best

Still no luck for me on PB3 (16A270F) :frowning: App starts but can’t create Spaces, all 16 are assigned but nothing works

Hi Stephen, just installed Sierra beta 5 10.12 (16A286a) today August 9th:
totalspaces causes a finder non clickable situation, need to quit just after launch.
So, I can’t use it anymore at this stage.
Any idea on what’s going on?
Thx, hangloose

Will investigate, thanks for the info.

Likewise, just installed 10.12 Public Beta (16A286a) and Total Spaces stopped working. A fix would be highly appreciated!

This version should work on beta 5:

http://downloads.binaryage.com/TotalSpaces2-2.4.3.dmg

Known issue: The space backgrounds look wrong in some cases in the overview grid when using the Lo res setting. Mission control suffers the same problem, so I’m not going to look at fixing this until the next beta.

1 Like